Monday, August 13, 2012

We do work, sometimes. Promise.

So for everyone out there who doesn't believe I'm actually doing any work this summer, you may be right. But here's who I'm doing all this non-work with. 

Woot!
Girls: Rianne, Laina, Jacqueline, me, Sarah
Boys: Radouane, Guillaume, Juilien

 We're divided into two groups: services civiques and volunteers. Basically, from what I gather, the service civique is like a step up from an internship. Their job lasts only a year, and they get paid for it, but it's not like a real job... at least, I wouldn't call it that. And the volunteers, well, we just volunteer. We arrange visits, go on visits, and organize and participate in activities. With elderly people, that is. 

And then there's the volunteers. Here are the three of us who are foreigners. We love Miroslav :)

Yes, it was me who made everyone do a pyramid. Haha. Love it!
Mostly I love how I left Provo for the summer so that I wouldn't feel like an old maid, and found myself surrounded, once again, by 18-21-year-olds. Haha, but really it's been so fun to get to know everyone. I always kind of surprise myself by who I make friends with wherever I go. The older I get the more I realize that you can make friends with anyone. 

No comments: