Sunday, August 5, 2012

Toulon marché

The other day, we decided that we finally needed to hit up the daily market here in Toulon. It was so great that we wondered why we don't go more often! Maybe it's because we spent about 2 hours and at least 20 euro each... Oh well. When in France, right?
I am obsessed with how they organize all these berries. It's so cute that it makes me want to buy something just for how cute it is... probably their evil plan.
We actually did buy one of these boxes of raspberries, and then ate it (I put a peach in mine, too) with this stuff called fromage blanc (white cheese), which is kind of like yogurt. We mixed in about a cup of sugar and then poured in the raspberries. It was SO good.
Now normally I'm not a cantaloupe lover. But here they have these tiny cantaloupes, called Cavaillon melons, that are just so good. I love them.
We had no idea what these are (and still don't!). A gourd of some kind? If you know, feel free to let me know!
Candid! (buying those raspberries)
We had no idea what these red pea-like things were, either. They were pretty though!
Red plums and yellow plums? What's the deal? I must have seemed just confused enough, because the guy at the stand gave me a yellow plum for free!
Basically it tasted like an unripe red plum.
Everything... de Provence!
Again, the cute pattern with the tomatoes. Good thing I don't like tomatoes, or I'd be a goner here. They have so many different kinds of tomatoes, it's crazy.
And let's not forget the spices, North-African style.

These were just a few of the delightful things we found in our little Marché Provencal. Too bad we don't have more time and money, otherwise we'd be spending every morning there!

No comments: