Thursday, August 23, 2012

La Patrouille

I really did look up this word to see what it means. The translation didn't make any sense--"routine," "patrol"? No idea. So we'll just call it a way cool airplane show. I dragged Guillaume along with me to check it out on my second-to-last day in Toulon.

We actually got to the beach about a half an hour late, so we were happy that it was still going on! We'd seen them practicing the day before, but the real show was awesome. The first thing was just solo planes doing crazy things like flying upside down and backwards, spiraling, and just general dare-devil stuff.

Second thing. Yes, there were people standing on top of those planes! It was just like on Anastasia, I was obsessed. Always happy to see when stereotypical things are actually true. 
 

Then they had all the planes together...

And then they added color. Pretty sure the camera on Guillaume's phone is better than my real camera. Lame. Luckily my camera died and we had to revert to his phone!
 There was applause after this one... <3
 Enjoying the show!

 Why don't they do shows like this more often in America? Especially on the beach?
It was so nice of them to plan all of these cool town activities for my last week!

No comments: