Sunday, August 26, 2012

Under the parisien sun.

So for my last week in France, I stayed with this adorable little family just outside of Paris. The parents were so welcoming and gracious, and the children were just priceless! 

Here's some of our week-long adventures:

Chateau de Versailles. Huge, gold. yeah. 
I could not get enough of this face.
Marie-Antoinette's room, perhaps?
 I'll be honest, sometimes modern French art is just plain weird, but this I actually loved. 
 That face, right? It was such a hot day that we had to cool down with some grenadine sirop... my fave!


 Sunday they were nice enough to drop my off and pick me up from church! The ward in Versailles was so great. We had an awesome Sunday school lesson about the atonement by an elder whose dad grew up in New Cal! Small world!
 We checked out the Pantheon:
 Where we saw these guys' tombs... (Hugo and Dumas, in case you can't see the bottom one)
 Inside the crypt:
 Yes. Yes I did. I turned them into little picture-jumping pros.
 We went over to the Jardin de Luxembourg, and who did I run into but my friend Melissa? You might remember her from my pictures from Marseilles and Carcassonne. She was going home the next day and just happened to be in Paris for the day as well! What are the odds?!
 In the jardin de Luxembourg
And another one...
 The waffle was almost as big as he is.
 Lovin' us some glace


The next night, we had a nice little picnic under the eiffel tower. 
 This kid is seriously a natural!! I couldn't teach that kind of style.
 The best part about this picture is that little African kid in the background taking off with our ball. The kids tried to get it back from him time after time, but he just kept stealing it back! So funny.
 More jumping...
 This was seriously where I fell in love with Paris: under the eiffel tower. It's really just magical!
 Did I not say that these were the most adorable kids in France? Does this not prove my point?
 We waited in the long line to take the elevator up to the top. Next time, we're taking the stairs!
 The eiffel tower bon-bon that we got up at the top:
 View of the Seine
 We were up at the top when the sparkles came on at 10:00. It was cool for about ten seconds, and then we were just blinded!
 Ah, Paris.

No comments: