Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Cable car.

Ever since we've been in Toulon, everyone has been telling us about the téléphérique that goes up to the top of Mont Faron, the tallest mountain/hill overlooking Toulon and the surrounding neighborhoods. We finally took a tranquille Sunday afternoon and went on up!

It was a bit terrifying, especially when the lady operating the car told me that it has fallen before. 
The view from the top! You could see so far! I wish that the little brochure they gave us weren't completely useless, then maybe I could tell you the names of all the little islands we could see from the top. But alas, you'll just to take my word for it: it was pretty.
Battleships!
Sometimes I really love nature. It was so nice to escape the city for a little while and feel like we were out in the woods. So much fresh air! It was refreshing.
It was made all the better by the fact that as we were walking along this little path, this creeper biker guy passed by and said something like, "Bonsoir les belles marcheuses" ("Hello, beautiful walkers"). I'm actually pretty happy when creeper things like that happen, because I feel like it makes my European experience more complete. 

If you're ever in Toulon, don't miss this beautiful view from the top. 

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Just wait until Paris. Creeper men everywhere. But still flattering! I was just wondering if you ever made good use of my dress. I'm glad you're enjoying it. LOVE those views!!!