Sunday, August 12, 2012

film festival, eh?

Well, we had to find out what all the fuss was about Cannes. I mean, it's only the location of one of the most famous film festivals in the world, and apparently full of movie stars and such. 

We got there and didn't think that there was that much to see.

1. The beach:
This little sign made me laugh. "Please hygiene." Please!
I will say this: Cannes had the best ice cream I've eaten in France so far! So, so good.

2. The Hotel Carlton. Not sure why, but this seems like one of the main sights. Random.

3. Every fancy store you can think of.

It was literally a million degrees outside. Luckily we came prepared!!
Oh. I took a walk down the beach to try and dry off, and I tried to look for every person that resembled a celebrity and then pretended that it was actually them. By that measure, I saw Julia Roberts, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Brad Pitt. Not bad, huh?

 4. The handprints out on the sidewalk. It was hardly up to Hollywood quality since it's all mostly falling apart, but whatev.

(Catherine Zeta Jones)
(Julie Andrews)

5. The film festival building. The biggest award at the festival is La Palme d'Or (the golden leaf)--you can see the design on that gate.
 The building where the film festival takes place. 

So. Yeah. Cannes. Whatev. We weren't too impressed...except by the ice cream, of course. 

No comments: