Sunday, August 26, 2012

Another lovely morning in Paris.

HA! I bet you thought that since I left Toulon, that was going to be my last blog post about France. Wrong-o! I left the south to head up north to Paris, where I spent my final week in France for the summer. It was fun because it just happened to be Jacqueline's last day before flying home (after she went galavanting around Switzerland and Austria for a week), so we got to hang out for a few hours that morning.

We hiked the stairs up to Sacré Coeur:
 And found out how approachable our taking jumping pictures makes us seem, since about 3 other people asked us to take pictures for them (not jumping, unfortunately). 
 We loved this sign, but even more so in French because it's literally, "...someone is praying the Lord." It just lacks a certain something in English.
 Check out those outfits! Classic.
 These oldie-time signs are my favorite. I want to have a whole roomful of them when I grow up.
Jacqueline on our little walking tour.
 In front of a building where Van Gogh once lived.
 Because we can can-can. Or is it because we can-can can?
 One of the original metro signs.
 Book-lovers' paradise.
 Since it was such a nice, sunny day, we went back to Notre Dame and actually took a tour around the inside. The stained glass was incredible. I'll spare you the horrible pictures that my camera tried (and failed) to take of the inside.
 One day I will come back to Paris with mon amoureux (one day. whoever it may be.), and we will bring our lock to add to the collection. 
 Last glace. Not. But this was a particularly good one. And eating it while walking along the Seine? Nickel!

No comments: