Monday, August 20, 2012

This is where the stars come to play. Or so they say.

Before I left for France, I ran into this French guy that I know, and he told me that I had to make sure to go to St-Tropez, if only to scope out the celebs. Well, last Friday, I invited Guillaume along with me to check it out.

Let's just say, we didn't see any celebrities. We did, however, see a lot of honking big yachts. 
The view from where we ate our hobo lunch:
It was funny because we went to the tourist office and I asked for a little guide booklet (Rick told me about it, obviously, so I knew that had one). I botched the question, so Guillaume helped me out, but they always ask where you're from, so the lady was like, "where are you from?" and Guillaume was like, "we're from Toulon," and she just looked at him like, yeah right. And so then he was like, "well, I am. She's American." Obviously!
The cute little guide booklet took us on a little tour around town, hitting all the highlights.
A little church with a green stone entrance:
A different church with a pretty clock tower:

The harbor. Took this pic for you, Harms! 
Let's be honest, the first couple of French towns you visit, you're so enchanted by the carousels. But once you've been to about 5 or 6 towns, it's just like, "oh, the carousel. cool."
Looking at this wall, I realized that even if by some small chance I actually saw a celebrity there, there's no way on earth I would recognize them. Oh well.
The paintings of the harbor that we saw along the harbor were much more beautiful than the harbor itself. 
What's a day in France without ice cream? Wasted!
The famous Tropezien sandals... or not.

Yeah, the water is really that clear. Everywhere! No matter how deep!
Ah, to have a yacht, and a jet ski. The life.

I may or may not have slept the whole bus ride home. Did I mention how it was a million degrees all day? Have I also mentioned how for some reason, the sun in the south of France just doesn't seem to burn me? It kind of freaks me out. I only just tan. Another good reason to come back. Anyway, it was a nice afternoon and I was glad to have a good friend along for the trip! Maybe I'll see some celebs la prochaine fois

1 comment:

harmony april said...

Good to know I have a boat in France when I need it :)