Sunday, August 19, 2012

Dazzled

Do you ever just have those days when you think, "is this seriously my life?!" In a good way, I mean. Today has been one of those days. 

The only word that comes to mind is, unfortunately, in French: ébloui. Which means, roughly, blinded, or better, dazzled. Today I am just dazzled by how much the Lord has blessed me, especially this summer. 

I was thinking about Mosiah 2:41--not that I'm saying that I'm super righteous or anything, because I'm definitely far from it, but I just know that when you are trying, you are blessed. It's as simple as that. And by the way, is the cross reference thing on lds.org not the coolest thing ever? I'm obsessed. From Mosiah 2:41, it led me to 1 Nephi 17, which I also love. 

"SO GREAT were the blessings of the Lord upon us . . . " 1 Nephi 17:3
 "Wherefore, He did provide means for us while we did sojourn in the wilderness." -1 Nephi 17:3 
"I will also be your light in the wilderness; and I will prepare the way before you."-1 Nephi 17:13


"And ye shall know that it is by me that ye are led." -1 Nephi 17:13

When I was little, we'd go to yellowstone a lot. One time when we were there, I got this hideous, made-for-a-boy faux leather vest that had a little fringe on it, and I, of course, just thought it was adorable. We have all these pictures of me wearing it, and for some reason my hair was also kind of short at the time. Maybe my mom didn't realize that I looked like a boy? Not sure. In any case, this picture (above) has hung in my bedroom for as long as we've lived in our house-- about 21 years. And for some reason, I also thought of myself as that little one on the right, with my ugly vest and short hair. I just love how hopeful she looks, sitting there next to the Savior. And also, how you can see how He cares for them one at a time. I love this painting. Anyway, random little story for you there, but for some reason that image came to my mind along with this scripture. 

I just love how well we are taken care of as children of Heavenly Father. And I love days like today when I am reminded, quite forcefully, of just how blessed I am. Oh! Maybe this is why that picture was in my head, because I was thinking of the words to the third verse of "I am a child of God" in French today in church, as I was thinking of all my blessings. 

"Je suis enfant de Dieu, 
et je suis bien béni"

I am a child of God, and I am well blessed.

I like it better in French, n'est-ce pas?