Wednesday, May 15, 2013

We started last week

Hey yo! I'm officially a Zaggtern! The past couple of days have been a whirlwind of getting ready to head out, flying out, figuring out how to use batchgeo and google maps on the iPad (while driving around south LA), and teaching a lot of people how to install the invisible shield. Good times! One of the other interns and I kept joking about how we'd tell people this week, "we started last week," as to instill some confidence in them as to our abilities. Good idea, right?

Here's my bags at the airport: 
It made me laugh because we all had the same three bags and there were a lot of us!

We landed at LAX (Brenna, my current roomie, brought a cardigan for the occasion), and then headed over to get our rental cars. Someone made the comment of how funny it was that we're just driving nice, new models of regular cars (I have an Alantra, for example), but we still feel like high-rollers. Haha.  I will say that I was kind of blown away by having a keyless car. It's so nice. I already know that I'm going to be sad to not be driving a new car at the end of the summer.
The first day they gave us our supplies and sent us on our way. Luckily our GPS is super awesome and hasn't led me astray yet (although it does want me to make a lot of unnecessary u-turns. Luckily I'm a pro at u-turns). My  biggest pet peeve so far is having to wait, especially at t-mobile stores (for example, I'm currently writing this post as I wait at a t-mobile store). The second day, Mark tagged along for a few visits to give me some pointers. It's fun to have a friend here!
Also yesterday I took an apple from the continental breakfast (which is awesome, by the way), and I learned my lesson. Pictured: the grossest apple I've ever eaten in my whole life. Bleh.
Last night we got a cryptic text asking us to meet in a grocery store parking lot in Newport Beach for dinner. My last store was already close, so I headed over straight after I finished and got there a bit early, so I decided to head over to the beach. Despite it being a bit cold, it was still really pretty! 
We ate at this nice place, Tommy Bahamas. 
Where I had the best sweet potato fries ever! So good.
And this is their famous (?) creme brulee. I didn't have any, but it looked pretty awesome!

We didn't get home until 11, but it was a good dinner! 

Anyway... that's my life right now. Driving around a lot, talking to a lot of people in cell phone stores, enjoying the palm trees. 





1 comment:

Megan K Leavitt said...

Did you at least ask someone if the creme brûlée was to die for? Also my phone added everything to that word on its own. Creme brûlée. Did it again.