Monday, May 27, 2013

The happiest place on earth

After a long week of work, Brenna and I decided that we needed a boost of happiness. And where better to get that than at the happiest place on earth? The last time I went to Disnleyland was on a music tour in high school, so it was exactly ten years and one month ago that I last went there, and a lot has changed since then. We decided to go for the double park pass and we were so happy that we did! We checked out of our hotel Saturday morning but were still able to take the shuttle to and from the park--score! All in all, the day couldn't have gone more perfectly!

We got there just before they opened frontierland, so we were there with the crowd making the rush to Indiana Jones. The lines weren't even bad at all and we flew through all the Disneyland rides in no time!

Here we are on Splash Mountain:
Instead of putting my arms up, I should have put them in front of my face so as to avoid the full-face of water I got. Oh well. Good to know for next time!
Luckily my makeup really likes staying on.
So happy!
The teacups seem like the quintessential ride from my childhood, so it was a must!
We were cruising through lines until we got to Space Mountain, where we had to wait for like an hour. That ride is definitely a lot darker than I remember! But still awesome. My face in this picture explains why my voice was weak and cracky all day on Sunday. I used to be able to scream to my heart's content, but you know what happens when you get old? I guess I just don't exercise my screaming muscles as much as I used to (probably a good thing!).
California Adventure was soo awesome. We were way happy that we went to both parks! 
Um, Cars land, anyone?? I can't say I'm a particularly huge fan of the movie, but boy did they do an unbelievably good job at recreating the Cars world! It's incredible. I just wish my nephews could have been there to see it!
Radiator Springs:
And a shot of my favorite ride: the tower of terror. Our "elevator operator" guy was perfect. Seriously could not have been better if he were a paid actor, which, I guess in a way he is. I just kept having this way nerdy thought that working at a theme park like this would have been perfect for Don Quixote... right? These people live in suspended reality all day and get paid for it! How awesome.
Another childhood-memory gem in toon town!
Should I get a mailbox like this? I think so.
Haha. Someone today in one of the stores I visited thought that I said my name was Minnie. Not quite. 
We chose the best dinner ever. It was so so good. Plus we were starving.
Nighttime pic
Brenna got one of the chocolate-covered banana; I got a fruity popsicle.
Overall it was basically the most perfect Disneyland day we could've hoped for. I'm so glad we went!

No comments: