Sunday, May 19, 2013

Beaches

The internship (or rather, zaggternship) continues! I took advantage of the areas that I was in this week to check out a lot of the beaches in the area. I love how there is just something so moving and powerful about beaches--and it's not just the water! I am continually awed by Father in Heaven's creations, and just this beautiful world in general. I'm way happy that I was able to get out even if just for a little bit to enjoy some nature here in sunny California!

So my first beach was Huntington Beach on Wednesday. So pretty! I didn't stay very long, but it was really perfect. I got a perfect parking spot and had a relaxing time chilling on the beach and taking it all in. When was the last time I went to a beach? Oh yeah, the last time was in the south of France, in the Mediterranean Sea. But, you know, the Pacific is still cool. 

I'm a big fan of sunsets at the beach... right?
Warning: this is what happens when you bring a water bottle filled with ice water to the beach. Whoops. Also, my rental car is now filled with sand. Again, whoops.
After the beach I drove up and down the coast a bit and saw the most beautiful sunset ever. I didn't get a good picture, but the sun was huge and pink as it was setting. So gorgeous. 


On Thursday, my last store was down in Newport Beach, right next to the ocean, so I just hopped over to the Balboa Peninsula for a quick dinner.
What is more American than eating McDonalds on the beach? I ask you.
It was a bit chilly with the wind, but that didn't stop my from enjoying the sand, the waves, and the palm trees! Seriously--are we sure that palm trees can't grow in Utah? Can we at least try?









1 comment:

Lisa said...

I don't know about palm trees, but I have every intention of planting bamboo in my new backyard. They have it at the zoo, so I figure it should work, right? Maybe some day we can live by the beach...you know, like, the Daybreak "beach"...