Sunday, May 19, 2013

Venice beach

For this zaggternship, we all have a list of stores that we have to visit for the week, and it's supposed to end up being about 8-10 per day. Well we got a bit gypped this week with only having half a day on Monday, but I was happy to have gotten to all 47 of my stores--with enough time left over on Friday to do something fun! Did I mention how the CEO of ZAGG told us that their motto is "work hard and play harder"? We're really trying our best to live up to that while we're out, and I'd say we're doing a pretty good job of it so far!

So despite one store manager's warning to me that I would have to get high while there, Brenna and I set out on Friday afternoon for Venice beach. Luckily we avoided getting high, but the manager was right on about that being the place to do it! Haha. Oh, the world. 

Basically every time I travel I just am so grateful that I have a purpose in life and that I have standards. Because really, there are some messed up things out there. 

Anyway, Venice Beach proved to be just as funky and crazy as everyone said. I loved this van in our parking lot:
We first walked along the beach, which was beautiful!
This little bird made me laugh:
And then on to the boardwalk! We definitely didn't fit in, in the best way.
Case in point: 
We wondered which medical conditions would qualify... Everyone in there filling out the papers looked more or less healthy...

So we walked all down the boardwalk, enjoying all the crazy booths and people everywhere. Painted rocks, sunglasses, sweatshirts, paintings, and just straight-up garbage for sale. But hey, one man's trash, right? To be fair, I bet most of the stuff for sale there would look freaking awesome if you were high. But alas. 
We realized we were running out of time, and since we also wanted to get to the Santa Monica pier, we decided to rent bikes. Basically the best decision of our lives. I have been missing my bike this summer, so I was ecstatic to be able to ride a beach cruiser--and on an actual beach! Score. I chatted it up with these French girls for a while, which was so fun. They took this picture for us:
Made it to the Santa Monica pier! Looks like so much fun.
cruisin. Loved it so much. We just kept saying, "This is so fun!" And it was.
palm trees + beach + beach cruiser = heaven (minus that whole medicinal marijuana thing)

No comments: