Thursday, March 1, 2012

True Blue...

The long-awaited moment finally came! Last Friday I went up to Logan with my friend Jenny for a weekend that we'd been planning for weeks. Luckily for me, Logan just happens to be home to one of my favorite people: Megan (do you get the feeling that my blog is turning into a sort of homage to Megan? . . . sorry). We packed a whole lot of fun things into this weekend, and boy was it worth it trying to make up for all the homework I didn't get done.

So we got there and headed straight over to the USU basketball game. Because, you know, where there's basketball, there's me. Here we are with Mr. Creepy sitting behind us. We won. I found out how USU fans act (fairly rudely, which I guess is fairly normal for competitive sports?).
Megan was nice enough to help me fit in by buying me a game-day t-shirt. I'm not sure how I feel about having cheered for a different school. Oh well. We went out to Firehouse Pizza after the game--so, so good. Pizookies: mmm. Pizza was followed by hot-tubbing where we tried, mostly unsuccessfully, to avoid being asphyxiated by the steam. It was still fun.
Saturday morning we got up early and waited with the crowds to go to the Logan temple. It was worth the wait :) Isn't this temple beautiful? I love it! I still need to go to the Draper temple one of these days. And if anyone is interested in hitting up Manti with me sometime as well . . .you know . . . let me know.
Raced home an hour later than expected, and Megan and I headed over to Walmart. Big mistake. We just went to buy the ingredients for the tortilla soup that we are obsessed with but I can't make by myself because of the whole raw chicken thing. We ended up spending about an hour going through the $5 movie bins.
Our spoils. Yes, I may end up taking half of them back, but we were excited about the Lord of the Rings. Who knew that I would ever like those movies? By the way, if you see the Twin Towers in one of those $5 bins, pick it up for me, will ya? We could only find one of them.
Yeah. Basically what our shopping together yields. We needed the pringles to tide us over while we made the soup. And we needed the hangars because, well, because we have clothes. What better reason do we need, really?
Then we spent the good rest of the afternoon hanging out in Megan's living room, trying to resist Lil' Heaty's coma-like sleep enticements. I spent a good half an hour pretending to do homework but mostly just ate a lot of pringles.
We also spent some good quality time with our besties:
And then Megan taught me how to rock climb! Doesn't she look like a pro? (oh wait, she's not actually climbing in the picture. oops.) And thanks to my friend loaning me a harness, the guy who worked at the place thought that I totally knew what I was doing. Sucker.
We spent Saturday night at the Logan Art Cinema watching Logan Out Loud, this improv group that was pretty hilarious. We especially liked the ghetto theater, complete with broken seats and all.
Oh, side-braided hair. How you take me back.
As if we didn't already know, Megan and I discovered once again that we are the same person. I just spend more money.
Painted our nails and watched Quest for Camelot. Who doesn't love that movie? I was so proud of myself too for remembering almost all the words to all the songs. We must've watched that movie way too much as kids.
After church on Sunday, we got together with Jenny's friend Sarah (who had also come up to visit her little sister, Megan. Ironic.) and had a wonderfully delicious meal followed by two pieces of so-not-fat-free pie and a card game. Which Megan won. My Megan.
So, obviously I didn't become a True Blue Aggie on this trip, nor will I ever. But it was still fun to visit.

Lessons learned:
1. My mattress in provo sucks.
2. The Brigham City temple is very much needed.
3. If Megan and I lived together, we would get very fat, spend all of our money, and do nothing but watch Gilmore Girls and sleep.

1 comment:

Megan K Leavitt said...

Yes, your Megan won. I'm still sad that we discovered the downfalls to living together... But I am so happy you came up. And yes, you should just rename your blog "Ode to Megan" :D