Saturday, June 15, 2013

First day in Philly

I am just only slightly obsessed with Philadelphia. I mean, it's call the city of brotherly love, so what's not to love about it? My first full day was a Sunday, and luckily church wasn't until later in the afternoon, so I had time to go scope out downtown. My first stop: the temple! Of course, it's still quite under construction (as in, it's currently just a hole in the ground), but it's being overseen by this guy:
Yeah, that statue is kitty-corner from where the temple will be built. Coincidence?

I don't know if you can see the sign in the background well, but this temple is going to be beautiful! It totally fits in with the architecture of the whole city. I'm definitely going to need to find an excuse to come back in 2015!
The hole:
This beautiful catholic cathedrale that's across the street:

Here's where my wandering began. I just love U.S. history and loved seeing it come alive in these streets. 
I especially love seeing things like this and being reminded of what the men who founded this country really believed. 
In front of Independence Hall:
Cute carriage. Don't mind my finger there...
I'm such a sucker for cobblestone.
So, yeah. If you've never been to Philly it's definitely worth the trip!

No comments: