Wednesday, June 13, 2012

New temple number three

So before my stunning digestive pyrotechnics (name that movie!) in St. George, my friend Holli and I stopped by a little town called Las Vegas. What does Vegas mean, anyway? And okay, so we didn't actually go into downtown Vegas, but we did see it from afar. We skipped the filthy city and stopped by the cleanest place in town--the temple!! (In case you're wondering what the deal is with LDS temples, read this!) The Las Vegas temple never struck me as one of the most beautiful temples, but boy was I wrong!! It was incredibly beautiful, and despite the windy day, we took a nice little tour around the grounds. 

 Yes, I'm holding my skirt so it doesn't blow away.

 This picture courtesy of my camera timer and a wedge-shaped rock that propped my camera up.  





Next time you drive through sin city, make sure to take the time to look at this little piece of heaven along the way!

No comments: