Saturday, June 23, 2012

Logan--the city, not the nephew.

So it turns out, I'm not the only one whose job has perks-- Megan's job gave her a free night's stay at the inn on the USU campus, and guess who she invited up?? That's right. Me and Gav. I don't know if it was just because it wasn't a weekend, or because Gavin and I had stayed up too late the night before watching dumb crime investigation shows on TV with our mom (those are much too addicting), but either way, we were all a bit tired and grumpy. We still had a good time, though, although we ate way way way too much junk food. Bleh. That's going to go well with my recent stomach ailments, eh? Not so much. 

We started off day one with a little late breakfast at this lovely place:
Megan and I shared a breakfast one and a strawberry/banana one. They were delicious. I love crepes. I'll decide exactly how "authentic" they are in a few weeks.  


Next, we went over to "second dam," which is much more beautiful than first dam, in case you ever get the choice, although there is a serious lack of grass on which to lay down blankets. We almost had to set them out on the bridge.
We saw this adorable muskrat swimming with some moss in its mouth. It was almost as cute as an otter.


Basically we just laid around, enjoyed the view, and did nothing, and then half-heartedly took a walk, which didn't last very long since we weren't walking so much as just shuffling our feet.
This would be a cute picture... if they were dating. Haha. That's what Megan said about it, anyway.



THEN, we went bowling. Before we started, Gavin made it very clear that he was horrible at bowling, and Megan said she was too. Guess who won? That's right. Not me. 



In case you can't see, that screen says that I got destroyed. I'm the one who's awful at bowling, apparently. 

Here's Gavin's string of blurry pictures--his speciality. 


This one isn't blurry, but he got his finger in it and I'm blinking. He's so good. 

I just love Megan's face in this one.
Sad because I lost.
Happy because she won.
Here's where we just started playing around with settings on my camera...






Megan could not get over how weird-shaped the key was. It looked more like a flashdrive. 
So yeah. We bummed around our hotel room, watched Harry Potter, took a nap, and then went swimming at the aquatic center, where we definitely did not burn off enough calories for all the "snacks" we ate. We tried. I jumped off the high dive. 

The next day, we gorged ourselves on pizza for lunch, and then Megan sent us off with a little tour of the campus and some famous Aggie Ice Cream. It was good, just not as good as BYU creamery ice cream. Sorry.

And here I am changing my tire after it just kind of split open as we were driving home. A big thanks to whoever hit my car a few months ago, causing it to ruin that tire. I hate you. And yes, I really did change the tire on the side of the freeway, even though I look like I'm doing nothing in the picture. This older man pulled over just as we were getting the tire off, and he was like, "oh, I guess you really don't need any help, do you?" But it was nice of him to stop anyway. I definitely had some flashbacks to my first tire-changing experience in the flamingo hotel parking lot with my 4 of freshmen roommates. Good times. 
So, yeah. We had a good time in Logan. I'm not sure, however, that a free night's stay was worth the $155 I had to pay to get my tire situation taken care of. OH WELL. Until next time, Logan.

No comments: