Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Dance, dance, dance (with a french accent, by the way)

Last week I went to THIS little girl's ballet recital:
Check out that costume!!

 They performed sleeping beauty, and it was just wonderful. What made it even more fun was that my niece danced the "music box" dance that I (along with most if not all of my sisters) danced when I was little. I was happy to note that I still have the dance about 98% memorized. And check out those cheeks! When I was little, we used lipstick to make those perfect circles--the old-fashioned way.  Now-a-days, they just stick them on like stickers. Blew my mind.
Going to this recital just reminded me how much I love ballet!! Remember the fiasco with the opera? Well it's possible that there is still some culture left in me somewhere, because I love ballet. Granted, this was a little kid ballet and I'm not sure I've actually ever been to a real one, but still. I guess 15 years of being constantly surrounded by dancing girls doesn't just go away. I'm looking forward to any Nutcracker performances in December, because if you think I love dance, that's nothing compared to how much I love the Nutcracker.

Speaking of dance, here's a delightful little song for you. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Megan K Leavitt said...

You love Mika's French song. I am still sad that I couldn't come to that (and when I say "couldn't come" I mean "wasn't invited"). Sadness.