Wednesday, March 27, 2013

It is good for us to be here

We finally did it--Megan and I moved in together! The thing we've been talking about doing ever since we finally got our own rooms in our parents' house... Okay, it probably wasn't that soon, but at least since we've both been out of high school, we have talked and dreamed of living together. And it has finally happened! The plan was to move the beginning of March, but we felt pressed to get a move on (hahaha, get it? punny!), and ended up moving in the middle of February. Still don't quite know how we did it, since we are basically broke, but somehow it worked out (knock on wood!).

Moving ALL of our stuff out of our parents' house was quite the ordeal. I have more stuff than I could've ever imagined. Every time I went into the basement I'd come up with another box labeled  "Mindy's stuff." There were probably at least 5 boxes down there that I had no idea existed. I blame my mom for my hoarding tendencies.

How Megan felt after moving:
In my empty room--so weird!

Anyway, we really love our new apartment. My top reason?
 My old closet (first time it's ever been empty)
 Ahhhhhhhhh! 
Yes, that was a choir of angels celebrating my NEW closet:
Yeah. So pretty much, my life is complete now. All I really needed, it turns out, was this closet, and I'm set. 

Anyway, moving has been good. We've made some awesome new friends, and I feel like I have already learned so much from a lot of them. A french-speaking friend for me, a teacher-friend for Megan. Fellow Seinfeld-lovers. And people who are teaching me the importance of having fun and not taking life (read: dating) too seriously. It's awe-inspiring, sometimes, to see the evidence of the Lord's hand in my life. He always knows exactly what I need, even when I have no idea.

 The scripture that has been stuck in my mind the whole time is Matthew 17:4. This is when Peter, James, and John are with the Savior on the Mount of Transfiguration. Isn't it just the biggest understatement ever that Peter, after witnessing such a miraculous event, would say, "Lord, it is good for us to be here"? Well, they were there because the Savior brought them there. There was a reason for it. And I am officially adding this move to the list of places Heavenly Father has led me to. 


Oh, pictures to come. Once I finish decorating the place, you know. :)

1 comment:

Audrey Blake said...

That closet. I'm so jealous! I can't wait to see the rest of your place! Glad you're making good friends out there too! ;)