Monday, December 31, 2012

Best of 2012

2012 was pretty good to me.
Here are the highlights from each month:

January:
The year started off with some good laughs. Megan, Gavin and I went to see Brian Regan at Abravanel Hall. We laughed, laughed, and laughed some more. 

February:
Jenny and I took a little trip up to Logan. We hung out with Megan, went to a basketball game, went hot tubbing, went to a comedy show, and ate a whole lot of crap. Good times. No, I did not become a true blue Aggie, and now that Megan has graduated and I don't foresee any other reason to ever go back to Logan, that's probably not ever going to happen. Oh well!

March:
BYU Lu'au!  We practiced those faces for months to get them just right. Loved dancing in the Fiji and New Zealand sections. I'd even say it was worth all the grumbling and 6 am practices. 

April:
I celebrated a quarter of a century of life, and Megan made sure that I had the best all-day birthday celebration ever, including two breakfasts, a bike ride on the Provo river trail, dinner out, and a dollar theater movie. Best birthday ever. 

 May:
I went on the road trip of all road trips. Seriously. You haven't road tripped until you have road tripped with your favorite senior couple. We drove from D.C. to Nauvoo and back, and we had a blast walking around the City Beautiful, attending a beautiful wedding, and eating at every buffet we possibly could. 

June:
I threw a bridal shower for my bestie--probably the best party I'll ever throw in my whole life.
Gavin and I trekked back up to Logan again to sleep over with Megan at the Inn on campus. We went to a water park, went bowling, watched a whole lot of Harry Potter, and ate nothing but junk food and Aggie ice cream.
I went to California to attend my bestie's wedding. Where she passed out, as she was getting married. Haha. Good times. It was beautiful weather, a beautiful wedding, and a beautiful reception. I even caught the bouquet!

July:
I hopped on a plane and headed over to the most magical place on earth: France. Southern France was truly nothing short of magical. I spent a glorious summer in Toulon, visiting elderly people, hanging out and pretending to do a lot of work, and riding the train all up and down the coast.

Jacqueline and I spent one heck of an amazing day driving to Apt, riding bikes up a horribly steep hill, and running around in the most picturesque lavender field on the planet.
For France's national holiday, we went to see the most incredible fireworks show EVER. ever. ever. ever. We went to this fortress in Carcassonne, where we saw a jousting match, ate some crepes, toured Nottingham castle, and yeah, even though it took us several hours to find a good spot to watch the fireworks, it was worth it. It was even worth the million hours it took us to drive home. 
(eating ice cream after the show as we walked back to the car. check out the fortress in the background, and that lovely happy glow on all of our faces)
Jacqueline and I also spent a weekend in Bretagne with one of my favorite senior couples who were serving their mission in Rennes. We went to le Mont Saint-Michel, walked around this amazingly beautiful rose garden in Rennes, drove to a couple of cute castles in picturesque towns, and even saw Merlin's tomb. Oh! And I met some fellow calédoniens at church :)

August:
The southern France bliss continued as I discovered Cannes, Avignon, Arles, Aix-en-Provence, St-TropezNimes, Monaco, and my favorite, Nice
And finally, in Paris, I fell in love under the Eiffel Tower. With Paris. Though I still think that southern France has claim on my heart. 

September:
I started my internship with BYU Magazine, and it's been great. 
I also started my new no-sugar lifestyle, and contrary to what I would've thought, it wasn't the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. Not even close. Four months and going strong!

October:
In October, I did nothing but work on this little puppy: Stowaway magazine, an online travel magazine for college-age adults. As a Senior Editor, I edited just about half the magazine, and I also wrote three articles (which you can read here until they get up on the Stowaway website).

November:
I skipped out on school for a few days to take a road trip from Arkansas to Tennessee. Nashville was so much fun! What do they do to food in the south to make it so dang good? Fry it, perhaps? Right...
Megan and I took off for another fun weekend in Boston. We had so much fun checking out Harvard, Salem, and all of downtown Boston. Basically we fell in love with Boston, and may or may not have plans to pack up and move there one day...

December:
 I managed to survive the last couple weeks of school, spent more time in the library in one week than the rest of the semester combined, and came out of it with pretty decent grades. The last day of finals, I took off for the great state of Arkansas. Here I am in front of the first store of what would become Walmart. Cool, huh? 

So, yeah. I'd have to say that 2012 was pretty awesome.

I hope that it was a good year for you, too. 
Happy 2013!!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Wow, putting it up like that makes your life look incredibly glamorous and exciting! Oh wait, it really was! May your fun travels continue in 2013 and may I be involved at least once? :) I will visit you in Boston.