Friday, December 14, 2012

You know you've got a good friend when...

she'll not only come to your French choir concert, but she'll make a sign specifically for you and stand up in the middle of the concert to hold it up and show you that you are, indeed, top.
I almost couldn't sing for laughing so hard. 

Anyway, so remember how I took French choir this semester? And how I would sometimes remember to go? Well it was actually pretty fun, and I enjoyed performing in our final concert. Now I'm not a huge Christmas music lover (especially pre-day-after-Thanksgiving), but it was kind of nice being able to sing Christmas hymns throughout the semester.

This was my favorite song that we sang: Minuit Chrétien (O Holy Night in English). I don't know how great this recording of it is, but maybe it was better in real life...? Oh, and don't try to look for me, because I'm on the second row, hidden behind a tall girl who decided to stand in the front. Merci beaucoup (haha, just kidding).
The line that really got me in this song was, "qui Lui dira notre reconnaissance? C'est pour nous tous qu'il nait, qu'il souffre et meurt" ("Who will tell him our gratitude? It was for all of us that he was born, that he suffered and died"). I just love that. 

So, maybe my message is, qui Lui dira VOTRE reconnaissance this year? And how will you show your gratitude to our Savior for coming down to earth to suffer and die for our sins? May He always be the most important part of our holiday celebrations. 

1 comment:

Jacqueline said...

I think both you and Laurel are pretty "top." Also, "Minuit, chrétiens" is totally my favorite Christmas song--there are so many powerful lines and the English version doesn't even come close to doing it justice. A very joyeux Noël à toi!