Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Hello, magical life. Welcome back?

So, remember the internship I was applying for that I was almost positive I wasn't going to get? I got it! Woot! I had an interview last Thursday for it (which I looked totally profesh for, thanks again to Lisa's Closet:),
and they sent me home with two editing tests and a writing test to be done over the weekend. I seriously love editing; weird, I know. So I turned them in on Tuesday and settled in for a long week of waiting. Imagine my surprise when, later on at work my phone rings and it's a BYU number. Contrary to what I thought, it wasn't the MTC asking if I could come volunteer for them, it was one of the people I interviewed with! She left a message asking that I give her a call in the morning. After a very anxious night, I called her back yesterday morning and she offered me the internship! I'm so excited!

Here's what I'll be doing at BYU Magazine: editing and proofreading, writing news articles and profiles, fact checking, researching, and basically just learning the ropes of magazine editing. It's pretty much the perfect job for what I'm wanting to do with my life.

Lisa and I used to talk about how my life was so magical. This was back when I was getting ready to leave for my mission and everything just worked out perfectly. The perfect clothes just found me; dresses that I paid $80 for suddenly turned up for $8, etc. It was fabulous, and it just backed up my knowing that I was on the right path. So I guess that I'm on the right path again, because things are sure (looking like they're) going my way. I have to quit the job that I have right now in order to have the best summer ever, and then this internship will start exactly when I get back in the fall right before school starts. So perfect!

Oh, and this girl in one of my classes gave me an orange today--the same day I ran out of them at home. It almost made me cry it was so nice.


But, as always, there must be opposition in all things, and my day certainly didn't maintain its goodness . . . Long story short: I'm exhausted today. I guess being up until 3:30 in the morning with my new policeman friend will do that to you. (I'll give you a hint: it wasn't a date.)

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Mindy!

Seriously congrats on the internship! You definitely deserve it. Editing = lifeeee.
So glad we're in class together. & the orange! as in the orange i threw away for you?
#precious

Megan K Leavitt said...

I love you and your magical life. I think it's time we both had magical lives where everything works out. Ready. Set. Weekend Getaway.

Carl and Shirley Mautz said...

Congrats Mindy. So happy that you got the internship? You look great in that suit. We are so excited for your visit in May. We want to hear all about lots of things. Now, what is this about you and a non-date with a policeman? Love you.

Mindy Anne said...

Lauren- Yes, the very orange. Made me so happy.

Meg- I'm already in Logan in spirit.

Sis. Mautz- I'll have to fill you in on all the details. I still need to hear about your trip as well!