Monday, February 13, 2012

Changé d'avis

Guys. Have you ever just changed your mind about something? Something kind of big? Probably, right?, since that's a pretty vague question and a pretty general thing. But I've just been thinking about that lately, about how stubborn I am and how the Lord works to change my mind.

Exhibit A: going on a mission. Remember how I went to BYU to get married? Haha. I recently found this 3x5 card from my sophomore year, on which my roommates and I wrote our marriage-order predictions. I was number 1 (out of 5) (granted, I think that at the time, I was engaged. Go fig). Fast forward 5 1/2 years, and I am the only one out of all those girls who's not married. Oh the irony. I was never the one who wanted to go on a mission; that was Kim. In fact, I was a whole-hearted supporter of the "sister missionaries are weirdos who can't get married" stereotype. How wrong I was (right? right?!). From one day to the next (in fact, I could probably pinpoint it down to one specific day in May 2008), I changed my mind about missions, sister missionaries, and my entire future. And come to find out, something that I thought was not for me turned out to be the best decision and greatest blessing ever.

So. I've been thinking . . .
and recently my mind has changed about some other things, and I'm hoping that there will be similar results. There have been just a few moments in the past where I can honestly say that I know that the Lord was guiding me, and I feel like that again. And it's kind of a big thing, but I'm feeling good about it and feeling good about my future in general.

Do not, however, stay tuned for details because I'm not giving any! You're just going to have to be patient. And be happy that I'm feeling good about life.


btw: bestie just got engaged. Woo-hooo!! I can officially add two weeks of crazy fun, beach, Disneyland, and wedding prep in California to my best-summer-ever itinerary. (Not to mention the fun of helping her plan the wedding for the rest of the semester.) Oh, and add the LA temple to my temples-to-visit list for this summer as well. So excited!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Seriously not telling? At least it appears your summer plans have not changed, right? Because I'm pretty sure that that is a must! I'm glad you're happy and figuring out what direction you should go. :) I've been pinning weddings like crazy too. I feel like one of my friends is getting married too!!!