Wednesday, April 24, 2013

I don't know about you...

But I'm feeling 22.

Yeah, I think this might have been the birthday where I stopped feeling like I'm 21. I don't know if it's because that's how old I was when I left on my mission, but for a few years now (okay, more than a few) I've felt stuck at 21. Not that it's not a great year to be stuck at, but it's time to grow up, I guess. Maybe it's just the fact that this birthday is compounded with my impending graduation... Either way.

It was a great birthday. I forgot to take a picture, but I was treated to a wonderful birthday breakfast by my bestie and her hubby--what a great way to start the day!

I got to go to dinner with these great friends:
And got this amazing free dessert (that I had to pretend like I ate any of to fake out the waiter):

On Sunday we had my family birthday party.
These two are just too adorable (plus Chelz--she's adorable too!).
Paisley is saying "Hi!"
Grandpa throwing the kids on to the bounce house. It's only a matter of time until he breaks someone's arm.
Cute girls!
Best dad in the world, right?
Here's to being, as my nephew Logan said, "twenty-something!"
It's going to be a great year. In the words of T-swizzle: 
"happy, free, confused, and lonely in the best way. It's miserable and magical."

No comments: