Thursday, April 12, 2012

School's Out?? Psych!

So this is pretty much how I feel right now:

I wish I used real pencils (except that I hate them so much that I can't stand writing with them) just so that I could snap them in half like that. Classes are over, that much is true. However, SCHOOL is not over. And I just feel like it never will be! This is going to be a very long week until next Wednesday. Basically it's going to be a very long weekend. I have a ten-page French paper to MAJORLY revise (try try try to save my grade) for Monday, a presentation on Monday about said French paper to prepare for, a final on Monday to study for (again, trying to save my grade in that class), about 20 hours of editing stuff to do (wish I were joking about that amount), another final on Tuesday (yes, I have a final on my birthday. Lame!), a little paper to write for my internship class, a take-home final for editing due on Saturday, and . . . I think that's it. Tomorrow I'm being a judge for the high school foreign language fair that BYU hosts every year, and to boot, I have to teach Relief Society on Sunday! AHHHH!!!! Arnold understands.
So yeah. I'm a little bit stressed. Mostly because I checked my grades today and they all suck. Seriously. Every single one of them. Okay, maybe not editing. That class was cake, but there's still a few big assignments that I could've bombed, so who knows. I hate getting bad grades more than I hate anything else. Except Satan.

I've been taking advantage of the library being open until 2 a.m. I thought that was really something until Megan told me that USU's library is open 24/7 during finals week. WHAT?!?! What are we thinking, BYU? Come on. But yeah. I love the library. My friend Jenny and I have been hunkering down in the whatever-it's-called lab, and bless her soul for bringing sustenance-providing, motivation-inducing candy to help us through working on our portfolios and busting out our French papers (different French paper). Starbursts, Cadbury eggs, Oreos. Mmm... Makes the library even better. I don't even mind that we probably looked like pigs.

We've discussed a few times the possibility of having to pull an all-nighter. Luckily that hasn't been the case yet, but let's just say I'm really nervous for Saturday night to come around. At least I'll have Sunday to sleep, right? Ah, thank goodness for the day of rest. It made me think of Mary-Kate and Ashley's sleepover party (come on, I know you've seen it, right? Jenny hadn't, and it kind of shocked me)-- "we're pullin', pullin', pullin' an all-nighter. We'll stay up all night, until the morning light. We're pullin' pullin' pullin' an all-nighter tonight."

Alright. I was only going to put those lyrics that I remembered, but I just googled all the lyrics, and they are just so great. I need to watch that movie again. Remember the pizza that they made? Haha. Enjoy:


Long as there's pizza and soda pop,
We'll keep playing games and never stop.
Stick in a fresh CD and crank it up.
Let's stay awake until the sun comes up.
We're all still going strong, nobody's faded.
We always knew that sleep was over-rated.
Without a doubt, turning in is out.
Cause there are still some boys we haven't talked about.


Chorus:We're pullin' pullin' pullin' and all nighter.
If grown ups can do it, there can't be that much to it.
We're pullin' pullin' pullin' an all nighter.
Let's stay up all night, until the morning light.
We're pullin' pullin' pullin' an all nighter tonight.
It's gonna be a cinch to stay awake.
There's popcorn to pop and corny jokes to make.
And Mom and Dad would really blow a fuse,
If they found out we plan to watch the midnight news.
We'll paint our faces, make up funny names.
We've got a zillion cool video games.
We've got so much to do,
We don't even know when we'll ever want to sleep again.

Chorus
Wouldn't it be fun to get some shut-eye?
Maybe just a wink or forty-two?
Then we will snap back to life, and go all night.
Just like we said we'd do.
Yea, just a little cat nap.
Just a dozy-doze, you know?
I'll just rest my eyes guys.
Now where did my pillow go?
I admit I could use a snooze after all that dancin' and rappin'.
But promise me you'll wake me up if anything fun should happen.
Let the record show you guys, I could of stayed up, okay?
But when in Rome, do like the Romans.
And the Romans have all hit the hay.
Wouldn't it be fun to get some shut eye?
Maybe just a week or forty-two.
Then we will snap back to life, and go all night.
Just like we said we'd do.
We're pullin' pullin' pullin' an all nighter,
Until the sun comes shining through.

There is quite a difference between the sleepover party all-nighter and the finishing-your-homework all-nighter. And yes, I am aware that I wrote "all-nighter," the lyrics say "all nighter," and the graphic says "allnighter."

Don't worry, I just checked m-w.com, and it says "all-nighter"!! Winner!!!

So, yeah. Wish me luck with this weekend. It might kill me. And... good luck if you're going through the same thing. And... pray that my grades get better. And... yeah. Anyone want to teach Relief Society for me?

1 comment:

alyssa said...

ummmm can we please have a mary-kate and ashley sleepover?!?! i feel like that would be THE perfect ending to this semester.