Thursday, May 19, 2011

Les coupures-- c'est le Senegal!

So we've been having a lot of fun with the daily power outages going on here, hence why I have not updated the blog in a while! We've been twice to the cybercafe to use the internet to no avail, so we finally had to ask this girl who brought her laptop if we could use it! Enfin!Let's see, I don't have much time, so I will just try to sum up the highlights from this week:

I bought a silver ring from this guy, and I am obsessed with it! I'll put a picture up the next time. If anyone wants one, let me know, they are like eight bucks.

We've been eating the most amazing dinners in the world at the restaurant below the hotel. So, so good.


I bought some new pants (obsessed!) and we had a soiree with this awesome griot-- like a storyteller guy. So cool.

This street sign that Miles and I think looks exacly like the aliens from Signs... n'est-ce pas?

A VERY boring conference thing at the University that we left early to go sit outside because it was so boring and I literally did not understand a word of. But the campus is nice!
We went to the BEACH (I believe it was the first time I've ever been in the Atlantic Ocean...very salty) and made some new friends:
Wedding crashing:

So, yeah. We're having fun! Working on homework today, fun fun.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Love the pants. Can't wait to see the ring. Oui to the sign. Freaky. And depending on where we were in Florida, you've either been to the Atlantic ocean or the gulf of mexico. I'd have to ask dad since I have no idea where we were in Florida. :)

Mindy Anne said...

I'm pretty sure we were in the gulf of mexico... don't know how I remember that

Brad and Kimberly said...

Mindy I swear I know the blond girl that keeps showing up in all your pictures. What is her last name? Figure out how I know her please!