Tuesday, January 21, 2014

New arrivals

... unfortunately, it wasn't me who got a puppy. 

I sure do love my sister-in-law, and even more so now that she went behind my brother's back and got a brand new puppy. Now, you have to understand, we are not traditionally dog people in my family (minus one sister), but PUPPIES are a whole different story. 

I mean, look at that face!! I don't know whose is cuter–Cohen's or the puppy's (whose name, by the way, is Scooby. He doesn't look like a Scooby to me, but I think I can just get away with calling him "puppy" for a while).
Hours of entertainment, right here:
The only thing we worry about is the kids' enthusiasm. Hopefully such a tiny puppy can make it in a house full of four rambunctious kiddos!
Trying to eat Gavin's hand:
Puppy didn't know to look at the camera. But the profile is just as cute, so it doesn't even matter!
And then after a solid 20 minutes of playing, he just fell asleep. In like two seconds. And my heart broke a little bit for how adorable it was. 
Gahhhh!!! My heart! 

Despite our best-laid plans, Megan and I decided against stealing the puppy... for now. We'll see what happens in the future, though. We also threw around the idea of one of us quitting our job so that we can get a puppy and have someone there to play with it all the time. Again, not really feasible. Alas...


Don't worry, though. I'm did not come out of this week completely empty-handed! This is why I have to limit my trips to the DI, because I end up spending $30 on a bunch of stuff that I don't actually need but can make a fairly good argument for. 

Hence:
Got this baby for $5! And after convincing myself that I actually did have enough scrapbook paper (not to mention room enough in my closet), I came home and found out that I actually do have enough paper to justify it. So, hooray! I love feeling like I organized something that I didn't even know needed organizing. 

No comments: