Monday, November 5, 2012

Today's tender mercies

1. I thought that my bus pass was expired (dumb 30-day passes!) today. I wasn't sure though, so I was prepared to try my card and then pay with cash if it didn't work. Wouldn't you know it that the card reader was broken? All you had to do was show your pass to the driver! Woot!

2. The deadline for one of the take-home tests that I should've finished over the weekend got pushed back 6 hours! Hooray for more procrastination time!

3. Another big assignment that was supposed to be due on Wednesday got pushed back to Friday! I can go to sleep early tonight (after I finish that test, that is)!

4. There was a bag of cashews left in my backpack from my trip, so I didn't starve without lunch.

5. I had a little interview with my France internship coordinator (one of the French professors). I was 100% sure he was going to ask to look at the journal that I kept while I was there, which I'm still trying to play catch-up with. There's only a few [cough, cough, maybe a bit more...] weekends missing. He didn't ask. (Oh, and he also asked me if I taught French here (I think I hang out in the SI [student instructor] office enough as it is!). I'll take that as a compliment?)

6. For work, I got to read through a talk by Elder Callister. I love my job :)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Love those tender mercies. On an unrelated note I think one of us needs to figure out how to customize blog backgrounds. I would make your whole background a world map with colored dots depicting all the places you've traveled. That would be awesome. However, I think you may need a mark on Asia to complete the look.