Thursday, September 20, 2012

You are dead to me.

Have my posts been a lot more depressing since I've returned home from France? Hmm. 

Maybe it's because I've been thrust back into this world we call academia. Along with the world we call  work. Kill me. I realize that there are people who are busier than me. Obviously. But all I can say is that this is the busiest I've been for . . . a really long time. Here's a little list of what's taking up most of my time these days:

1. The commute. A solid 2 hours of my life every day, gone. Wasted. Just like that. Next week, I am getting a bus pass. Seriously. 
2. I would say my classes, but let's be honest, I'm doing the bare minimum of homework here. (WHY am I so busy then?! Maybe it's because I can feel myself slipping farther and farther behind. . . This semester is going to do wonders for my GPA, I can just tell.) Oh yeah, and remember all that schoolwork that I should've done in France? It's due next week. Ask me how much I've done. Go ahead, I dare you.
3. My editing capstone class, AKA Stowaway Magazine. Basically for this class, we publish a travel magazine in one semester. From start to finish. From brainstorming ideas to writing the articles to designing the layout. We do it all. We're currently in the "writing articles" stage. I have three to write. Due on Tuesday. My goal for today: write one of them. Fail.
 
4. Work. Oh, and the other work. It's a dang good thing that the two things that I feel more confident about in my life (in the sense that I know that a certain Someone up above wants me there) are my jobs. And it's also a good thing that there are only two of them.
5. Cooking. Remember when I could just eat fast food? Man, that was so much faster. And foodier. Just kidding. I'm seriously loving this no-sugar, no-dairy thing. I should have done it years ago. In case you're wondering about how that's going, it's going well. I'm super thirsty all the time, but I literally have no cravings for sugar at all (yes, this includes chocolate which totally blows my mind but it's true). I have also lost about ten pounds (if you're counting my morning weight. Bless you, morning weight). 


However, amidst all of this business--sorry--busy-ness, I still find time to procrastinate. It's really a finely honed skill, and I just hate seeing it go to waste. I really have no choice in the matter. 


Oh, so back to the title of my blog post tonight (mostly an inside joke with my sister, as most things on my blog are). 
So I went on a date last week. It was fun. One of my best friends (one of the last few remaining single friends I still have) went on a date the same night. I'm wondering if I'll ever see the boy again; she's deciding on a wedding color palette. 
Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a little bit, but not much. I guess that old adage has some truth to it, that "when it's right, it's right," but all it means to me right now is that I need to start making some new friends. Or just stop making friends all together. Yeah. That might be a better bet. 


So here's to my busiest fall semester on record. May it be filled with editing travel magazine articles, drinking green smoothies, staying up way too late, and laughing hysterically at my own stupidity with my little brother. 
What more do I need in life, really?

2 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Guess how much I've done for my France coursework!

Audrey Blake said...

You just wrote the story of my life. Love you. Also, don't you love that I am reading your blog posts instead of writing my articles? Awesome.