Saturday, September 29, 2012

Thanks for those excellent genes.

I'll admit, I'm not always the most grateful child, but yesterday I was hit with a load of gratitude to my parents for just simply being my parents. Yesterday was their 33rd anniversary, and I just took a few moments to think about how happy I am for the fact that they got married, for the wonderful way their genes mixed (thanks for not having ugly kids!), for how hard they work for our family, and that they didn't stop with me. 

What would I do without these two?
 One thing's for sure: I would laugh a whole lot less. And I would definitely not be as smart. Gavin is so smart that he's been helping me do my homework all week. 
 They are two of the funniest people on earth, and even though I walked in today to find them SLEEPING at one thirty in the afternoon, 
 I could not love them more. They really are my best friends. 
 huuuugs!

 So, thanks, mom and dad. For everything. 

2 comments:

Megan K Leavitt said...

We're so awesome. Hugs! Face Pull!

Lisa said...

Very sweet!